Ii want to thank kelly(almost)green for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, if you haven’t checked her blog out yet, you definitely should 🙂
These are some great blogs that I enjoy reading, and would love to know more about. I have a few questions to get to know them better…
- What has been your favorite lifestyle change within the past year? And why?
- What have you learned since starting your blog?
- What is your biggest hope for your blog?
- Tell us one of your simple pleasures in life.
- What is one thing that you have been inspired by on a blog you follow?
Alright, now for the questions that Kelly asked me…
1. What lifestyle change has been the most difficult for you so far?
For me I suppose the biggest challenge has been buying things zero-waste, especially food. Unfortunately the stores that I go to do not have the option of bring your own jars yet, so I bring bags, but I still have troubles finding things without any plastic on them. Some weeks I get lucky and find produce without a sticker, but it is still somewhat frustrating. Hopefully they update their system soon so I can start bringing my own jars 🙂
2. What are you looking forward to over the next year?
I am looking forward to making more changes towards a zero-waste lifestyle. I am also looking forward to finishing my job hunt and finding a teaching position, and putting my degree to good use.
3. What have you learned since you started blogging?
I have learned that there are a lot of other like-minded people out there making the same changes that I am towards having a more eco-friendly lifestyle. There is such an amazing amount of support from other bloggers, and I am extremely happy to be a part of such a great group of people.
4. Divulge a secret that your readers probably don’t know about you.
Oh jeez…..okay, here it is…I am a total nerd. Before I started this journey towards a more minimal and eco-friendly life, I owned about 1500 books. That’s right, I said Fifteen-HUNDRED books. I have since gotten rid of over half of them, but I still am an avid reader, and will gladly turn down an invite to a party to sit at home in my pj’s and read a 700 page book in 1 day 🙂
5. Tell us something that brings you joy.
Sitting on my couch in my sweats, reading a good book, drinking lemonade, and petting one of my two adorable cats. I have had my cats now for ten years, and they are my best friends…they listen very well, they cheer you up when you are down, and they are ridiculously cute and obnoxious all at the same time 🙂