Everyone talks about the obvious benefits to the planet of both zero-wasting and being a minimalist. Today I want to give a shout out to the lesser known, but just as awesome, benefits of both.
I’ll start with the benefits of Zero-Waste:
- Not finding random bits of trash in your couch cushions.
- Can I also give a shout out to not having to wake up at 6:30am on trash day to haul garbage to the curb 🙂 (Well, I guess I still have to wake up every other week to roll the recycling bin out, but no trash!)
- Having a car that is pretty clean because there aren’t any straw wrappers or paper napkins under the seats.
- Never having to buy trash bags saves money.
- Not having to have a chore of “taking the trash out” each day saves time.
- Getting rid of the random garbage bins around your home frees up space, and makes you more aware of what you are recycling.
- When you compost, you get some amazing potting soil/fertilizer as a result….a.k.a, not having to buy any potting soil come planting time 🙂 Saves time and money.
The benefits of Minimalism:
- The amount of time you end up spending on chores and cleaning will be a fraction of what it is before minimizing.
- You will save time since you will have less errands to run.
- Less distractions will let you have quality time to yourself…cue the candles and bath salts 🙂
- Less stuff= less to buy= more money= ??? Whatever you want, be it a vacation, a bigger savings account total, or even less work if you simplify enough and can live with less.
- No clutter! Clear surfaces! No tripping over miscellaneous junk! Woohoo!
- ALWAYS knowing where your keys are.
- Being able to find an outfit in less than 5 minutes in the morning.
- If you have kids, less toys to put away.
Can you think of anything to add to the lists? 🙂