Hey guys, this week I was nominated by fellow blogger Nadine over at Zero Journey for the Liebster Award, which acknowledges really great blogs. It’s really a chain letter sort of thing where you get to know a few inside questions about your favorite bloggers.
The rules are that if you are nominated, you answer the questions posed by your nominator, then make up a few of your own for the bloggers you nominate.
Here are Nadine’s questions for me:
- What are you passionate about?
I have many passions, the first and foremost being that we have only one planet and we should do our best to keep it running well for the future generations. Besides the themes of my blog (minimalism and zero-waste) I also am passionate about art, I do my own paintings and sketches. I enjoy music as well as just the general feeling of exercise and being outdoors as much as possible.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a personal outlet for the changes I was starting to make in my life. It was a way to hold myself accountable for what I was doing and it turned into motivation to keep going since I met other bloggers on the same path as me.
3. How has your blog been received and how do you feel about it?
I think it has been received very well. I think as of today I’m up to 140ish followers, and I am always getting encouraging comments on my posts. What started out as something just for me has turned into a great way to connect with people, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
4. Who or what inspires you?
Let’s see…Bea Johnson is pretty awesome, and let’s face it, she has her shit together on a whole other level that I seriously aspire to. As to what inspires me…nature, music, art, a particularly beautiful sunset…anything and everything 🙂
5. If you could give someone advice on how to live a happier life, what would you tell them?
This is a great question. I think the easiest way to start enjoying your life, is to stop wasting your time on “things” and addictive television shows/surfing the net. Be PRESENT every day and you will start to see a change. Instead of watching another episode of hoarders or American idol, chill out with your family and break out a board game. Instead of buying another pointless gadget you don’t need, go take a walk at the park or meditate or journal. Live every moment, do things you enjoy, and above all make sure to spend time with loved ones…I guarantee there will be a time when you wish you had taken more time out to be with them. 🙂
6. Describe your favorite place.
The pages might be worn or new, but the words jump off of the page and into your mind. Center stage is filled with heroes and heroines, adventures and loss. Have you guessed it? My favorite place is in between the pages of a good book 🙂
7. List 5 words to describe you or 5 to describe your interests.
Simple, organized, peaceful, adventurous, and persistent.
8. Describe a dream you have.
To own a country cottage, not too big and not too small, but just enough space for me. White kitchen cabinets and counters, a farm sink. Completely sustainable and as close to zero-waste as I can get. Flowers in the front with a porch swing and a vegetable garden in the back….perhaps a few fruit trees…..
9. If you could fix one problem in the world what would it be?
Pollution, hands down. The sheer amount of garbage we produce and that companies dump into the environment is astounding. If I could fix one thing that would be it.
10. How do you live more green?
Well that is a loaded question lol. Let’s see, I make my own products, buy locally and package free wherever I can, as well as buying organic. I garden in the summer for my own veggies and herbs. I have nixed the plastic habit in the bud and now store most everything in glass jars…it goes on and on.
Alright, that’s it for her questions. I hope my answers shed some insight into my life and motivations. Now for my nominees….drum roll please!
- Mindful Consumption
- Mindful Waste Project
- 101 ways to save the planet
- Tiny Yellow Bungalow
- No Need for Mars
My questions are:
- What inspired you to live a more environmentally conscious lifestyle?
- What is your favorite food dish to make?
- If you could travel to one place in the world, completely free, where would go?
- How has your blog effected your family life/ friend’s perspective of you?
- If you had to choose only five things, and get rid of the rest, what would they be? (besides pets and family members of course, simply physical possessions
Pass it on!